Everyone who runs a website wants to be at the forefront. For higher visibility and a better ranking (listing) on Google, you need an optimal SEO. In this small SEO training, you will get tips and useful links for better optimization of your website so that you generate more sales in the future.
What is SEO?
The abbreviation SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and means search engine optimization. SEO, therefore, includes all measures that are necessary to rank at all on Google and to be at the top of the list.
Why is SEO important?
Mit SEO finden Nutzer Ihre Webseite und Ihre Besucherzahl steigt an. Zudem optimiert SEO Ihre Webseiten-Inhalte, was zu einer besseren Bewertung bei Google und einem Ranking in den vordersten Plätzen führt. Daher macht eine SEO-Schulung auch Sinn.
Do all websites need SEO?
If you want your company or website to be found on the World Wide Web, you need targeted search engine optimization (SEO). Why? Because otherwise, it is not possible to prevail against its competitors, let alone be found.
The most important thing about SEO
Reasons why a website has too few or no visitors are many. First steps for beginners who want SEO training can be found here described in detail.
- Google algorithm A Google algorithm determines in which position certain web pages are displayed in Google search results. Google is constantly testing and changing its algorithm, which gets names like Panda, Penguin, Bert, Hummingbird, Pigeon, Zebra, etc. with every new update. This makes the search results even better for users. Therefore, it is also important to pay attention to the optimization of your website, so as not to be devalued in the next Google update.
- Technical SEO
What is technical SEO? It includes all technical measures that can have a positive or negative impact on Google’s ranking. This includes, for example, server configuration, software, source code, and more. At an SEO training you learn among other things:
- Improve loading time (Page Speed Optimization) A good loading time is under one second. Too long loading time frustrates visitors and they leave your website.
- Site code optimization: This means the business purpose under which the address key was assigned. Site code optimization is important for the better usability of your website.
- Use cache or GZIP: These tools analyze data components that occur more than once and replace them with a reference.
- Reduce CSS and JS files/ compress: This is done by deleting unnecessary spaces, comments, and empty lines, thus optimizing the web page.
- Robots.txt files optimization: This program – short form bot, crawler, or spider, independently searches for new content on the Internet, captures, evaluates, and indexes. In the Robots.txt must be which crawler may not examine certain directories, subdirectories, or individual files and are blocked for him (SEO training).
- Create sitemap: With this file, the individual subpages of the website are listed – all URLs. This gives each web page a structural overview of all available content. Search engines can better understand the structure of a website with the sitemap.
- Site Responsiveness: responsive web design describes how a website must be developed to display optimally on different devices.
- On-Page SEO
On-page design is a way to build a website. This one-pager consists of only one page, which has no subpages. Thus, it can be expanded at will and can be viewed well on smartphones by scrolling. To get a better ranking, you will learn to pay attention to the following factors during an SEO training regarding On-Page SEO:
- Domain name: This is one of the most important factors after backlinks. If you manage to have your keyword in it, you rank better.
- Page Title: The title of a web page is displayed in the top left corner of a browser’s header. It describes to users and search engines what the web page is about. Try to place your most important keyword right at the beginning of the sentence in the title. The title should not be longer than 70 characters.
- Meta Description: This is a short description of the content of a web page that can be viewed by users during a search. There should be at least one keyword in the description. Do not exceed the length of 160 characters.
- Header Tags (Headings): On each page, an H1 containing the most important keyword and describing the content of the page is important. In H2 to H6 can be secondary keywords (SEO training).
- Keywords: The keyword density should not be more than 3% on a page. If it is more, you could risk SPAM penalties.
- Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO is all search engine optimization measures that can be carried out outside the website to improve the ranking on Google. This includes, for example, topic-relevant backlinks.
- Build backlinks: This is done by building high-quality inbound links, as many as possible. A backlink is therefore a reference from one website to another.
- Search Console Search Console is a free tool from Google for monitoring and analyzing your own website. This provides you with valuable information, e.g. how the website is seen by Google and whether there is a need for optimization (SEO training).
How do get on the first page of Google?
It requires a lot of time, work, and above all research and perseverance. Google has an interest in suggesting the best possible web pages to searchers – the most relevant ones for the keywords used. Only with sustainable search engine optimization, it is possible to get into the top 5.
In any case, it is important:
- clearly structured website
- the correct choice of keywords
- pay attention to optimal loading time
- Determine search results at Google by yourself
- Insert meta data independently
- Link pages with social media profiles
- regional findability with Google My Business
- create unique content on all subpages
- generate backlinks for a longer period of
- time through appropriate content
- always stay technically up to date
Always being in front means ongoing SEO optimization and, above all, comprehensive knowledge of it.